November 24, 2008

Let's all look the other way?!?!

Why isn't anyone else as frightened about this as I am? Why aren't we all up in arms demanding changes be made NOW? Read this and tell you aren't the lest bit concerned, not even a little...
State of the Planet in Graphics - BBC World News

I've been watching a lot of Rick Mercer and George Stroumboulopoulos and they both have asked this question of their viewers...Dr. David Suzuki was on with George recently and he asked the same thing. Why? Are we all hoping it will fix itself? or that 'someone' will come up with the answer to 'it all'?
One Million Acts of Green - George Stroumboulopoulos

David Susuki's Nature Challenge

Spread the Net.org

Maybe this is why we all love comic book heros so much - it would be lovely to believe there was 'someone' with amazing super powers 'who could sweep down and save humanity from itself' - Nice thought, very comforting and it would certainly let us all of the hook.

Reality is very different however, and no matter how many stars or TV shows tell us 'we' need to help fix things no one I know seems to really care. I've asked, I've sent out this repeort and 3 others exactly like it to all my friends asking - "what can we do?" I only 2 replies...both of whom said - gee this is very interesting, thanks....didn't read the whole thing, no time, but you're right 'someone should do something'.

If it weren't for the fact that I have a child who is already planning on having children of her own one day - I might not care either....but I do. I am trying to do my part, but it's hard to keep going when your neighbours so obviously don't give a crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment